I love that Rosie and Jewel could make this play dough themselves and then play with it! Marshmallow dough is taste-safe, making it a great option for small children. It also only takes minutes to prepare!
Marshmallow Dough Recipe (per color)
- 6 large marshmallows
- 3+ tbsp of corn starch
- 2 tsp coconut oil (Other oils will also work)
- Food coloring (Several drops)
Note: You will also need a microwave
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until the marshmallows expand (roughly 30 seconds)
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave, and combine the ingredients as much as you can using a spoon. Then, once the ingredients are cool enough finish mixing and kneading the dough together with your hands. Add more cornstarch as needed.
- After a bit of mixing you will have the most delightfully squishy and stretchy play dough! If the dough is at all sticky simply add more corn starch and mix it in. I needed to use quite a bit of cornstarch to get rid of the stickiness from a few of the batches I made. Repeat the above steps for each color of play dough you wish to make
Marshmallow Play dough smells amazing and is so fun!
It has a delightful, silky texture
And I love that it is taste-safe. Rosie and Jewel enjoyed sampling the homemade play dough they made themselves
but they definitely loved playing with it more!
Since this is our first time making this play recipe I am not really sure how long it will last, but I wouldn't imagine keeping it longer than a day or two. Have fun!
Looking for more ideas?