How to Make Bread Clay
You only need two ingredients for this project, and the kids are sure to have a blast!
Bread Clay Recipe
- 10-12 pieces of bread
- 8 oz of school glue (we used two 4 oz bottles)
- A bowl for mixing
- Begin by cutting the crusts from the bread. I did this part for Rosie and Jewel and then set them up with a large bowl so that they could break the bread into pieces
- Have kids rip and tear the bread over and over; the finer the crumbs the better
- Once the bread is all broken up give kids the bottles of glue and let them squeeze it into the bowl. Rosie and Jewel had a lot of fun with that part
- Mix the ingredients well and knead for several minutes. If the clay feels sticky and isn't becoming pliable add more bread. Ours was a little sticky so we added two more slices of bread, and that did the trick
- Once the ingredients are well mixed you will be left with a smooth and soft play clay perfect for molding, building, and creating
Rosie and Jewel had lots of fun making the clay and loved playing with it, too! A bit later in the day we transformed the bread clay into another fun activity. Be sure to check back with us to see what we came up with and follow us on Pinterest so you don't miss any of the fun kids activities we share!
Click the photos below for more fun play recipes