Christmas Scented Doodle Paint Recipe
Rosie and Jewel seriously LOVE this paint!
They love squirting, pouring, and making designs
They also love making homemade stickers with it. To do this all you have to do is lay cookie cutters on wax paper and have kids fill them
Once dry you will be left with kid make window clings. We call these window stickers and the girls have great fun sticking and re-sticking them.
Christmas Doodle Paint Recipe
- Food coloring or watercolors
- Holiday scents- we used peppermint extract, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and homemade gingerbread spice
We buy our glue in bulk, so we mixed our doodle paint up in squirt bottles. You could just as easily mix these paints up right in the glue bottles. They sell 3 packs of glue at the dollar store. Add a few drops of food coloring along with the scent of your choice to the desired amount of glue and mix well
Easy peasy and SO FUN!
- Cinnamon paint using red food coloring and cinnamon spice
- Peppermint paint using green food coloring and peppermint extract
- Sugar cookie paint using yellow food coloring and vanilla extract
- Gingerbread paint using brown watercolors and a mixture of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg spices
A few tips- the heavier the cookie cutters the better they will work when making window stickers. If glue happens to ooze out you can trim it off the window stickers once dry using scissors or use the cookie cutter to stamp out the exact design. It will take roughly 24 hours for the window stickers to dry.
Click the photos below for more homemade paint recipes