Pumpkin seeds make for some fabulous sensory play in the Fall. They are also great for lots of other Fall activities, especially arts and crafts. You can buy bags of pumpkin seeds or wait until you carve pumpkins and use those. Once washed and cleaned you can add color and scent, too!
Multicolored & Scented Pumpkin Seeds
for Fall Activities
Coloring and scenting the pumpkin seeds is really easy. We made ours exactly how we made our Fall scented rice. All of the colors and scents come together to capture Fall beautifully.
Colored & Scented Pumpkin Seeds (What you Need)
(affiliate links provided for your conveinence)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Zip Seal Bags
- Food coloring or liquid watercolors
- Scent- we made 5 different scents and colors of seeds. All the seasonings we used can be found in the spice aisle of most stores.
- Pumpkin pie spice to make orange scented seeds
- Apple Pie Spice to make green apple scented seeds
- Clove to make yellow clove scented seeds
- Cranberry extract to make red cranberry seeds
- Coffee extract to make brown coffee scented seeds
In a zip seal bag place the desired amount of seeds for each color and scent you wish to make. Then add a few drops of food coloring or liquid watercolors, scent, and a touch of water. Seal the bags and let kids help you mix and shake the bags until the seeds are well covered
You can then open the bags and leave the seeds right in the bag to dry. Once dry you can use these seeds in all sorts of ways. Add the seeds in a bin along with tongs, scoopers, and diggers for some fabulous Fall sensory play.
Use the seeds to practice patterning, counting, and sorting
Use them for arts and crafts like this fun Fall tree Rosie made
We glued twigs to paper and Rosie used the seeds to make the colorful leaves on the tree. So pretty!
These seeds smell amazing and capture all the beautiful colors and alluring aromas of Fall! They are easy to make, too!
Multi-colored Pumpkin Seeds
Click the photos below to see more FUN Fall Activities