I am so excited for April Fools Day this year! The girls are finally old enough for me to start playing fun pranks on them. I have scoured the internet to find lots of ideas, and can't wait to add a few of my own to this list once the funniest day of the year is here!
April Fools Pranks for Kids
- Grilled Cheese Surprise- This is way too fun! I can not wait to make a "grilled cheese" and pull one over on Jewel & Rosie. It looks SO REAL!
- Soap That Won't Suds- I wonder how long Rosie would try to get this soap to lather.... What a simple and fun prank!
- Undrinkable Juice- This easy & fun April Fools prank will really get the kids good!
- Meat Loaf Cupcakes- These look just like cupcakes; the kids will be so perplexed when you serve them dessert for Dinner
- Make A Person- This silly prank will really get the kids good when they think you are at the dinner table, and you pop up next to or behind them.
- Mashed Potato Sundae- Kids will be so excited to dive into their sundae.... until they take that first bite.
- Turn the Faucet Water Blue- All you need for this is a blue water tablet (affiliate link). We already have these on hand and use them to color the girl's bath water. This little prank is easy and sure to shock!
- April Fool's Day Brownies- When the kids come home from school offer them a brownie from a covered dish. When they reach in they will surely be surprised. You may want to keep some real brownies on hand so that this one isn't mean.
- Fill Their Fruit Can With Candy- What a fun surprise! Kids think they are opening up fruit only to be delighted by a can full of candy!
- Fake Juice Surprise- It will take a few sips before the kids realize they are only drinking water.
- Fill The Tip of The Toothpaste With Mustard- Rosie and Jewel really like mustard, so this really isn't too mean... but still totally funny!
- Shoes Everywhere! This prank only takes a minute, and the kids will laugh and laugh!
- Trick Them With Treats- Imagine their faces when they open up their tootsie roll to discover something else inside.
- Add Googly Eyes To Everything- This only takes a second and is sure to make the whole family giggle.
- A Wormy Apple- This one is just plain fun, and the kids will shriek with delight!
- Fill Their Oreo Cookies With toothpaste- I like this one for the kids, but I am going to get my husband with it, too! The idea isn't for the them to eat the cookies but to take one bite and...... April Fools. Just imagine their faces when they take a bite..... (Please watch kids closely with this one to make sure they are not consuming the toothpaste in large quantities as it is potentially unsafe)
- Ketchup & Mustard Prank- Oh no! Don't squirt me with mustard. Oh wait, it's only string.
- Glue as Milk in Their Cereal- Why are my Cheerios sticking together so much? Wait, what? Giggles galore!
- April Fool's Ice- Offer kids a tall glass of "ice water" and watch their reaction when they take a taste.
- Color Changing Breakfast Surprise- All you need is food coloring, cereal, and milk. I just know this one will produce lots of giggles in my house.
I will be adding more fun ideas to this list soon. Let's really get the kids good this year!
For more fun April Fool's Day Pranks follow Growing a Jeweled Rose on Pinterest.