Do your kids love bubblegum? How about slime? What if they could blow super strong and amazing bubbles in gloriously pink slime?
That would be so fun, right? Here's how.
- 1 cup of white school glue
- 3-8 oz of liquid starch
- Pink food coloring
- Optional: Bubble gum candy oil
Note: I would recommend doing this activity with children who are out of the mouthing stage, as this slime is NOT edible. The bubblegum oil was used merely to capture the aroma of bubblegum. The candy oil we used can be found here.
- In a bowl combine the glue with several drops of neon pink food coloring & mix well
- Add bubblegum oil if desired. This will give the slime a glorious bubblegum scent.
- Slowly add liquid starch in small amounts & mix well. Slowly add more liquid starch and mix until the desired consistency is reached. The amount of starch needed varies slightly each time we make slime, I think due to a variance in other ingredients. For this particular slime I used 3 oz of liquid starch to 8 oz of glue, and that gave me the perfect consistency
- Just be sure to add the starch SLOWLY in small increments and mix well in-between. If the slime is at all sticky add a little more starch. If it becomes too rubbery add a little more glue. After a bit of mixing you will have amazingly fun bubblegum slime
Our bubblegum slime turned out so neat! It is Ooey and gooey like any good slime but also looks, feels, smells, and acts just like bubblegum!
Give kids a straw, and they will have a blast blowing insanely huge bubblegum SLIME bubbles
And the bubbles this slime makes are the coolest!
Store your slime in an airtight container between play times, and it will stay good for several weeks.
Other Slime Recipes