This egg decorating technique was SO COOL! As the crayons melted onto the eggs the colors swirled and blended in the most stunning ways!
I recommend having lots of hard-boiled eggs on hand when you go to give this a try, because the kids will want to decorate a ton of eggs!
Note: You can use a blacklight fixture for this activity, or you can give kids these cool flashlights to use instead. My girls loved using the flashlights!
Preparing the Eggs
- Begin by placing the desired amount of eggs in a pot and then adding enough water so that the eggs are fully submerged
- Bring the eggs to a boil, and then remove the pot from the stove and cover it with a lid for 10-15 minutes
- Carefully remove the eggs from the pot and allow them to cool for a minute or two.
Then, the fun can begin!
Decorating the Eggs
- The heat from the eggs causes the crayons to melt, creating beautiful effects as kids draw
- Kids can design and decorate the eggs in all sorts of ways using the crayons. The possibilities are endless....
And the effects are so beautifully stunning!
My girls had so much fun with this activity, and the set-up and clean-up were easy making this egg decorating idea a win for everyone!
A few tips: You can find neon crayons online here. These are the blacklight flashlights that we use for our activities. If you prefer you could also use a blacklight fixture like this one.
And don't forget to follow us on Pinterest & Facebook!